What's your motivation?
10/18/2007 6:04:18 PM
Coach
I am currently beginning work on a research paper for one of my Masters classes. I am going to address the different factors that motivate cross-country athletes to run. If you run, at any level, there are different reasons why you run. Some may be intrinsic, such as the desire to improve, learn self-discipline, etc. Some of you may have the motivation to earn a college scholarship. Other factors that motivate runners may also be extrinsic. These can include the desire to please others (your parents, coach, teammates, etc). The questions that I am asking are as follows: 1. What is your basic motivation for running cross-country? Would you consider this motivation to be intrinsic or extrinsic? (Intrinsic simply means "coming from within yourself"; extrinsic can be other factors outside of yourself). 2. What race(s) are you most motivated for? List the specific race. This does not have to be limited to the state meet, Footlocker series, NCAA Championships, etc. 3. What/Who was the biggest influence that led you to running? 4. What motivates you after a sub-par race? 5. What role does your coach play in motivation? Your parents? Teammates? 6. Do you find yourself more motivated on race day or during practice? 7. Is your motivation greater during the competitive season or in-between seasons? Why? Any insight that any of you can give me would be appreciated. If you are a coach, or former runner, with your competitive days long gone, feel free to drop me a line as well. When replying, be sure to list your name, grade and school. However, this information will not be released in the paper. Send this to mcrowe@campbellsville.edu Best Wishes, Mark Rowe Head Men's and Women's Cross-Country and Track Coach Campbellsville University (KY)
I am currently beginning work on a research paper for one of my Masters classes. I am going to address the different factors that motivate cross-country athletes to run. If you run, at any level, there are different reasons why you run. Some may be intrinsic, such as the desire to improve, learn self-discipline, etc. Some of you may have the motivation to earn a college scholarship. Other factors that motivate runners may also be extrinsic. These can include the desire to please others (your parents, coach, teammates, etc).
The questions that I am asking are as follows:

1. What is your basic motivation for running cross-country? Would you consider this motivation to be intrinsic or extrinsic? (Intrinsic simply means "coming from within yourself"; extrinsic can be other factors outside of yourself).
2. What race(s) are you most motivated for? List the specific race. This does not have to be limited to the state meet, Footlocker series, NCAA Championships, etc.
3. What/Who was the biggest influence that led you to running?
4. What motivates you after a sub-par race?
5. What role does your coach play in motivation? Your parents? Teammates?
6. Do you find yourself more motivated on race day or during practice?
7. Is your motivation greater during the competitive season or in-between seasons? Why?

Any insight that any of you can give me would be appreciated. If you are a coach, or former runner, with your competitive days long gone, feel free to drop me a line as well. When replying, be sure to list your name, grade and school. However, this information will not be released in the paper. Send this to mcrowe@campbellsville.edu

Best Wishes,
Mark Rowe
Head Men's and Women's Cross-Country and Track Coach
Campbellsville University (KY)
01/01/2021 4:31:00 AM
User
Your reply to the motivation question tells them how you would fit in with the company culture. On top of that, the interviewer gains insight into how you would be as ... [url=http://bankslogin.onl/cabelas-credit-card-login/]http://bankslogin.onl/cabelas-credit-card-login/[/url]
Your reply to the motivation question tells them how you would fit in with the company culture. On top of that, the interviewer gains insight into how you would be as ...
http://bankslogin.onl/cabelas-credit-card-login/

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.