Any Chance they turn around the 100, 100HH, & 110HH also Class 5 rain out date?
05/25/2021 11:21:24 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Looks like a serious headwind on Friday. Any chance they turn those events around to go with the wind? Allow kids a chance at PRS? For class five the weather currently looks awful. What is the plan for the meet if things get rained out on Thursday for class five?
Looks like a serious headwind on Friday. Any chance they turn those events around to go with the wind? Allow kids a chance at PRS?

For class five the weather currently looks awful. What is the plan for the meet if things get rained out on Thursday for class five?
05/26/2021 7:14:57 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The response I received from MSHSAA was "We will do whatever is necessary to complete the meet on Thursday." Another coach was told to be prepared to run through the night and into Friday morning if we have to...
The response I received from MSHSAA was "We will do whatever is necessary to complete the meet on Thursday."
Another coach was told to be prepared to run through the night and into Friday morning if we have to...
05/26/2021 7:42:55 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Going to be frustrating if we keep the same time schedule - We likely will. Will have a massive break of no running events when everyone knows storms are on the way. But hey at least 3200 runners don’t have to deal with weather!
Going to be frustrating if we keep the same time schedule - We likely will. Will have a massive break of no running events when everyone knows storms are on the way. But hey at least 3200 runners don't have to deal with weather!
05/26/2021 8:22:09 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@MJO-21 I asked this when they first released this stupid schedule and that is what I was told. Great planning. They threw together three sites in a matter of days the tornado year, but couldn't see fit to do so this time knowing weather was a possibility and now here we are. We can race in rain, even heavy rain though it's not ideal. Storms and lighting no dice of course. What about pole vault in heavy rain? What about javelin across the street, how would that be lighted. This was horrible mismanagement and everyone knew it. It's only a problem when it's a problem and it's shaping up to be a problem. We'll be insanely lucky if it's not. Just makes me angry for the kids who didn't have a season now, to possibly have tomorrow messed up and it was avoidable with good planning which there was more than enough time to do. Best of luck to everyone.
@MJO-21

I asked this when they first released this stupid schedule and that is what I was told.

Great planning.

They threw together three sites in a matter of days the tornado year, but couldn't see fit to do so this time knowing weather was a possibility and now here we are.

We can race in rain, even heavy rain though it's not ideal.

Storms and lighting no dice of course.

What about pole vault in heavy rain?

What about javelin across the street, how would that be lighted.

This was horrible mismanagement and everyone knew it.

It's only a problem when it's a problem and it's shaping up to be a problem.

We'll be insanely lucky if it's not.

Just makes me angry for the kids who didn't have a season now, to possibly have tomorrow messed up and it was avoidable with good planning which there was more than enough time to do.

Best of luck to everyone.
05/26/2021 2:39:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
In class 1 on Saturday. The 3200 and the 4x800 were ran in down pour. They pushed the 11:00 field events to start warming up at 12:00 but kept the running events on schedule. By the time we were on the 4x200 it was 83 and MUGGY. From there on it was warm and 85 but that is all. Tent City was a mud field. Be prepared everyone. Good luck to class 3,4,5 starting tomorrow.
In class 1 on Saturday. The 3200 and the 4x800 were ran in down pour. They pushed the 11:00 field events to start warming up at 12:00 but kept the running events on schedule. By the time we were on the 4x200 it was 83 and MUGGY. From there on it was warm and 85 but that is all.
Tent City was a mud field. Be prepared everyone.
Good luck to class 3,4,5 starting tomorrow.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.