6 class proposal
03/31/2021 1:59:36 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Did the 6 classes proposal fail or is it just pushed back for further discussion?
Did the 6 classes proposal fail or is it just pushed back for further discussion?
03/31/2021 2:30:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
5 classes are already too many. Let’s not water things down even more with 6.
5 classes are already too many. Let's not water things down even more with 6.
03/31/2021 2:39:29 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@captain1816 I wasn't pushing it one way or another...just curious, Coach.I’ve been the biggest school in a class and the smallest, so I get both sides of it!
@captain1816
I wasn't pushing it one way or another...just curious, Coach.I've been the biggest school in a class and the smallest, so I get both sides of it!
03/31/2021 9:11:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@knox I really hope we don't go to 6 classes. I'm still not totally convinced we need 5 classes.
@knox I really hope we don't go to 6 classes. I'm still not totally convinced we need 5 classes.
04/01/2021 1:07:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachcasa x2. 4 is ideal in my opinion.
@coachcasa x2. 4 is ideal in my opinion.
04/01/2021 2:15:27 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@FestusGirlsTF Bring back 4! Illinois over there with 3 classes and some people think we need 6 lol
@FestusGirlsTF Bring back 4! Illinois over there with 3 classes and some people think we need 6 lol
04/01/2021 3:13:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@R-Taylor Amen. I'm not sure why we went to five. Adjust the numbers within the existing class and I don't know qualifying standards so no one can complain about dist/sect of death. Top whatever (2,3,4) and whoever makes X standard that is set. Then if someone doesn't make it, no complaint, you didn't finish in the top X and you didn't achieve X performance. I'm not sure why that is so hard. Not all year, just at the qualifier. Yep, once in awhile you'd have some weather conditions. I've literally send a pop up shower in the prelims of a 200 that affected one section. You can't run it over, it's just what happened that day. We already have 6 guys at 4:26 or faster after the 1st two weeks just in our district. I'd rather see everyone compete hard in each event then sandbag or skip events to get the best kids there. Somehow we could go to one qualifying meet for XC, but can't do one meet for track with standards. I there are those that disagree, but I've seen it work better than what we currently have or have had.
@R-Taylor

Amen. I'm not sure why we went to five.

Adjust the numbers within the existing class and I don't know qualifying standards so no one can complain about dist/sect of death.

Top whatever (2,3,4) and whoever makes X standard that is set. Then if someone doesn't make it, no complaint, you didn't finish in the top X and you didn't achieve X performance. I'm not sure why that is so hard. Not all year, just at the qualifier. Yep, once in awhile you'd have some weather conditions. I've literally send a pop up shower in the prelims of a 200 that affected one section. You can't run it over, it's just what happened that day.

We already have 6 guys at 4:26 or faster after the 1st two weeks just in our district.

I'd rather see everyone compete hard in each event then sandbag or skip events to get the best kids there.

Somehow we could go to one qualifying meet for XC, but can't do one meet for track with standards.

I there are those that disagree, but I've seen it work better than what we currently have or have had.
04/02/2021 4:04:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
With 4 classes, and the way enrollments were distributed, we were a school of around 400 going up against schools with 1100+ at times. Not saying we needed more classes, but Class 3 was horrendous. East Newton was in the same district with Carthage, Ozark, Nixa, Willard, West Plains, etc...at times. That's crazy, in my opinion.
With 4 classes, and the way enrollments were distributed, we were a school of around 400 going up against schools with 1100+ at times. Not saying we needed more classes, but Class 3 was horrendous. East Newton was in the same district with Carthage, Ozark, Nixa, Willard, West Plains, etc...at times. That's crazy, in my opinion.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.